I’m interested in acquiring the skills necessary to become an ethical hacker and join bug bounty programs related to mobile platforms (mainly Android, for starters).
I noticed that a few books hold good reviews on the subject:
- Android Hacker’s Handbook
- The Mobile Application Hacker’s Handbook
- Android Security Internals: An In-Depth Guide to Android’s Security Architecture
- Several titles from Packt Publishing
I have intermediate knowledge on Python and the standard tools we can find on Kali. I’ve hacked some boxes and done a dozen online video courses.
Having said that, here are my questions:
- Is a solid knowledge of Java a requirement to enter this field?
- Are the books I mentioned above any good? Should I read them in the sequence I just presented? (I’m able to buy them all if necessary).
- I have some basic notions on web application vulnerabilities. Should I move to an in-depth knowledge on those before tackling mobile application and systems pentesting?
Thanks in advance for any insight. I hope this post becomes a reference to others who also intend on following a similar path.