How to use wfuzz on windows? Do i need to compile python script into .exe?

Is there any way by which we can use wfuzz on windows?? If it is there then please help me out.

1 Like

1.- You need to install the following in order to build wfuzz in windows:

python 2.7 for x86

2.- Run c:\Python27\python.exe setup.py py2exe

3.- wfuzz_windows directory is the one to be distributed.

1 Like

Compiling the python script can be used but the developer needs to look at this in a way that it would not have any problem further on the module. Using the wfuzz can be accessible by the user and it might get affected through Microsoft compatibility telemetry as it is being done for the windows.

Hi,

The Python import mechanism works relative to the __name__ of the current file. When you execute a file directly, it doesn’t have its usual name, but has "__main__" as its name instead. So relative imports don’t work.

You can, as Igancio suggested, execute it using the -m option. If you have a part of your package that is meant to be run as a script, you can also use the __package__ attribute to tell that file what name it’s supposed to have in the package hierarchy.

I also faced the same issue related to Python, I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to thank you for your time for this, particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and I also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site.

The Python import mechanism works relative to the __name__ of the current file. When you execute a file directly, it doesn’t have its usual name, but has "__main__" as its name instead. So relative imports don’t work.

You can, as Igancio suggested, execute it using the -m option. If you have a part of your package that is meant to be run as a script, you can also use the __package__ attribute to tell that file what name it’s supposed to have in the package hierarchy.